2411 NZ Bodegraven
2914PB Nieuwerkerk aan den IJssel
Telephone: +31 85 30 129 38
WhatsApp: +31 85 30 129 38
Chamber of Commerce number: 63355078
Government registration number (RSIN): 855200856
IBAN : NL71 BUNQ 2067 4644 50 (changed in 2022)
BIC : BUNQNL2A
Name of account : Stichting Beach Mission
Note: not for personal support for board members
Mission, vision and aim
Beach Mission wants to have a positive impact on the lives of young people and in party scenes by providing assistance and by connecting young people with Jesus in a life-changing way.
WHY THE WORK OF BEACH MISSION?
We are doing this because we have experienced in our own lives that the relationship with God makes us happy. We have become convinced that our deepest meaning is in this relationship with God. God made us as humans, not to lead life on our own, but to live based on this connection with God, in this life, but also in life after this life, in eternity. We would like to share this with other young people in popular vacation areas.
Based on this same motivation, we like to do something beneficial for the city. By being present and offering a listening ear we want to bring peace in party scenes. Young people who are too drunk to get home, we accompany; for people who are frustrated, we are offering a listening ear; to women who cannot walk on their high heels anymore, we are giving flip-flops. We are praying for those in pain, sorrow and with illness. We are helping young people to grow and become disciples of Jesus.
- Young people are the church of the future
- God is coming to us wherever we are (Bible: Genesis 3 verse 9)
- We are the church for those young people who are revelling in the “party scene”
- As ambassadors of God we want to be inspired and guided by God.
- The Bible is the absolutely authoritative for us.
- We endorse the creed of Mission Beach.
- We want to be really interested in the other persons and not consider them as targets or numbers.
- We want a respectful and non- offensive way to open conversations.
- We want the message of God, the gospel, to be conveyed in a understandable way.
- We want to take care of people who have or want to have a relationship with God.
- We do not want to cause problems and to operate within the laws of the civil government.
- When we are going on a trip as a group, we are considerate towards each other and respect others.
- We want to connect with each other, even if we have different opinions about some issues.
- We do not operate on our own. The leadership of the trip lies with the tour leader. The leadership of the group lies with the group-leader
- We solve problems as quickly as possible.
We cannot win souls or convert people. Always during these mission trips, miraculous things happen. You do not control those things. So it is useless to set targets for desired results. What we can do, is give people the choice to enter into the relationship with God, to ask forgiveness for their wrong deeds and thoughts, and to confess that we missed our goal by living without God. But that’s it. That is why we pray that God will work out the results. In dependency on God and led by Him we hope to do a work that will change lives. Knowing Jesus and life with Him, from Him and by Him is something we dearly wish these young people to have as well!
Founders of Beach Mission are Dirk-Jan Boerman and Arjan Kriger. Until 2014, Dirk-Jan worked for the ‘Naar House’ foundation. While working there, a question occupied his mind for years: how to help those young people whom they talked to during the music events grow in their relationship with God. Between 2008 and 2014 Dirk-Jan participated in and led similar evangelism campaigns in Renesse. In 2007 he got the vision to go to Lloret de Mar and look up young people during their vacation over there, to share the Gospel. Arjan Kriger and he founded Beach Mission to make this possible.
Why here and why during summer vacations?
“In the past few years I met a lot of people from the world of dance-events and the party scene. I am very impressed about how much openness for the Gospel there is among these young people. The stories form the Bible seem vaguely familiar to them, but most young people have no idea what the Gospel is and that God wants a personal relationship with them. More and more I realized that there are huge opportunities here to reach these young folks, who are separated from God, with the Gospel. During a vacation you can meet them more often, build a relationship with them and invite them over for a visit.”
God will make a way
Where there seems to be no way
He works in ways we cannot see
He will make a way for me”
The logo of Beach Mission symbolizes a path through the sea. This symbolizes how God acts in situations and makes a way where we as humans do not know how to go on anymore. As examples of this, think of the situation of young people, or the question of how to reach the target group, as well as personal questions and struggles that young people and also participants of the mission trips may have.
The image is derived from the exile of the Jewish people out of Egypt. They then were facing the Red Sea while standing on the beach, with the Egyptian army on their heels. God opened up a way that we could not have imagined. This is the Gospel in a nutshell: when Jesus died on the cross, a way opened up to have a relationship with God.