For the vacancy of trip coordinator we are looking for a man / woman who, on a voluntary basis is willing to be in charge of a 10 day mission trip of Beach Mission.
Beach Mission is a non-profit foundation that organizes mission trips to popular beach holiday destinations in Europe. The evangelists who participate in this come from different church denominations and have a passion to evangelize among young people spending their holidays there.
For more information about our organization, check https://en.beachmission.org/
As trip coordinator you are the contact person for participants of the mission trip. That involves guiding the participants, also those who are responsible for a specific task:
- Meeting them at/in the bus;
- Providing welcome info;
- Chair the daily leadership meetings;
- Communicate time planning and monitor this;
- Be contact person for the participants, bus leaders, task leaders, and management.
You will get to know the participants before the trip. For existing participants this involves a telephone conversation, for new participants we ask you to do the intake interview.
You will understand a lot is required of you:
- being able to act very independently;
- able to be led by the Holy Spirit;
- able to deal with spiritual warfare;
- speak the languages of the participants;
- excellent people skills;
- ability to enthuse, but also sometimes to confront and correct;
To some extent you are the one who ‘makes’ this trip for the participants.
For people with a large responsibility, such as the trip coordinator, Beach Mission likes to provide a wildcard (free participation).
However, wildcards or discounts can only be given when gifts have been received for this.
If you are interested, you can send an e-mail with an application to firstname.lastname@example.org attn. Dirk-Jan Boerman. You could also call +316 2345 4786.